23 Aug Labor Day Weekend DUI Checkpoints
This Labor Day Weekend, do not be surprised if you hear about an increase in DUI checkpoints or even drive into one yourself. Unless your blood alcohol content (BAC) level is over the legal limit in California, which is 0.08% by the way, or you do not seem coherent, you should have nothing to worry about. To prep you and ensure your holiday weekend safety, here is what you need to know about checkpoints.
- Checkpoint locations and times may or may not be posted publicly beforehand.
- If you are driving and come across one, the officer will motion you to drive to the side of the road and stop momentarily.
- Roll down your window so that you may hear the officer. They will ask where you are heading, where you are coming from and if you have been drinking, and possibly other questions as well.
- The officer may ask you to step out of the car to partake in sobriety tests like standing on one foot or walking in a straight line. You may also be asked to take a breathalyzer test.
- If you check out okay, you will be allowed back into your car and back on the road to your destination.
- If there is something off, the officer may briefly look in your vehicle for what is in plain sight and may even ask that you wait, sober up, and then drive on.
- In the worst case you will be taken into custody for a DUI.
If the latter is your unfortunate outcome, you can bail out of jail quickly with a bail bond as soon as you learn what your bail amount is. A bail bond can be issued from Contra Costa County Bail Bonds, but someone on your side will need to contact us first.
All in all, what we want to say is be cautious this holiday weekend and make smart decisions. Lives depend on it. Learn more about bail bonds, conditions, and the process in general by speaking with one of our professional bail agents from Contra Costa County Bail Bonds online or by calling 925-228-5858. We offer FREE consultation, so if you have any bail-related questions, do not hesitate to pick up the phone and speak with one of our friendly bail agents. They will be more than glad to assist you. Feel free to ask them about our no down payment bail bonds.
At Contra Costa County Bail Bonds, we do everything we can to make the bail bond process easy and affordable for everyone. With our 24/7 reliable bail service, you can always get the bail help you deserve.